Full-Day Luxor: Best Of The West Bank
Tour Code : LXR 1503
Duration : 07 hours
Available languages (Tour guide): English, French, German, Spanish
Pick-up service: Your hotel Or Cruise ship in Luxor
Easy Cancellation: Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Select your date and number of participants:TO PUT TABLE
What You'll See
- Visit the most famous monuments the West Bank of Luxor has to offer
- See Luxor's ancient history come alive before your eyes
- Enjoy a fun and hustle-free private tour with a qualified Egyptologist tour guide
A private day tour to see the monuments of the ancient West Bank in Luxor, including the Valley of the Kings (Necropolis of Thebes), the Temple of Hatshepsut (Deir el Bahari), Valley of the Artisans (Deir el Medina) and the Temple of Medinat Habu.
In the morning you will be picked up from the harbor or your hotel in central Luxor by an air-conditioned vehicle for a full guided trip of about 7 hours. First you will be transported to the Necropolis of Thebes (the Valley of the Kings) on the West Bank of Luxor. This ancient necropolis is a must-see for Luxor travelers and consists of tombs embedded in the mountain Thebes. Here you visit 3 tombs of various dynasties as your Egyptologist tour guide remains on hand to recommend and advise you as to which tombs to visit.
After visiting the tombs you will be transported to the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut: the only woman ever to reign over Egypt as pharaoh. Next, visit Valley of the Artisans (Deir el Medina) to see the houses of the workers who worked in the royal tombs. Admire colorful tombs before you see the Temple of Ramses III (Medinat Habu). Medinat Habu consists of a palace and a town enclosed within a defensive wall, and entry is through the High Gate, or Migdol, which resembles a citadel in appearance. Afterwards, you will be taken to see the Colossi of Memnon, the two largest ancient statues in Egypt, which date back to the era of King Amenhotep III.
At every site you will get information from your Egyptologist tour guide and will have free time to explore the ancient monuments by yourself. End the day by being transferred back to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel/Cruise pick-up and drop-off
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical sites
- Egyptologist guide
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Drinks / Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to the tomb of Tutankhamun (optional)
- Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Your hotel Or Cruise ship in Luxor
Things to bring:
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun block
Tour Schedule :
- Tour available: Daily
- Hotel pick-up: 08:00
- Hotel return: 15:00