Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum: Day Tour from Aswan
Tour Code : ASW 1609
Duration : 07 hours
Available languages (Tour guide): English, French, German, Spanish
Pick-up service: Your hotel Or Cruise ship in Aswan
Easy Cancellation: Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Select your date and number of participants:TOP PUT TABLE
What You'll See
- Visit the rebuilt Kalabsha Temple on a day tour from Aswan
- Explore the Nubian Museum, opened in 1997
- See scenes of Nubian life in the museum’s life-sized displays
Take a day trip from Aswan to see the Temple of Kalabsha, which has been dismantled and re-erected on a hill beside the High Dam. You’ll also visit the Nubian Museum, opened in 1997, housing exhibits that feature thousands of dazzling antiquities.
Experience ancient treasures of the Aswan area with an Egyptologist guide on a full-day trip to the Temple of Kalabsha and the Nubian Museum.
The temple was built by Toutmosis II and Amenophis II at Kalabsha, 40 miles south of Aswan, and was restored during the Roman conquest. It was more recently dismantled and re-erected on a hill on the west bank, near the High Dam site.
Following the temple visit, you’ll head to the Nubian Museum, which was opened in 1997. At the museum you’ll be dazzled by the exhibits featuring thousands of objects from antiquity that were saved from being lost forever under the waters of Lake Nasser.
The museum takes its name from the ancient Egyptian word nbu, meaning gold, in reference to the area's famous gold mines. Enjoy scenes of Nubian life demonstrated through a number of life-sized displays as well.
- Hotel/Cruise pick-up and drop-off
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical sites
- Egyptologist guide
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Drinks / Lunch
- Personal expenses
- Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Your hotel Or Cruise ship in Aswan
Things to bring:
- Passport valid for 6 months
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun block
Tour Schedule :
- Tour available: Daily
- Hotel pick-up: 08:00
- Hotel return: 15:00